G. W. LOGAN, farmer, Massillon, Ohio, came to Jackson County in 1868, and bought southeast quarter Section 2, Township 7, Range 16, which he intends to make his future home. He was born in Beaver County, PA., in 1838, where he was raised. In 1859 he went to Ohio, and engaged in farming near Massillon. In 1862, he enlisted in Company C, Forty-eighth Ohio Infantry, but after three months service he was discharged for physical disability. He returned to Ohio and to his farm, where he has since lived. He was married in 1860 to Miss Clara Barber, of Beaver County, PA., and has three children - John M, Edwin E. and Clara B. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church.